These past beautiful days and cool nights of Spring have been keeping us comfortable...NOT! We finally had to flip the switch to the on position at the Matthews' ranch.

I didn't want to do it. I wanted to wait til June 1, if at all possible. It was too much. These mid and upper 80 degree temperatures were too much to take at night when it was time to hit the hay. Looking at the forecast, the high on Mother's Day is forecasted to be at 90 degrees, so it was time to take action.

If Mother Nature had given us a reprieve and made Spring actually last a few more weeks, I probably could have made it. Oh well, I figure the electric companies need all the money they can get. Heaven knows I couldn't use it! <Insert Satire>

Comstock