I Made A Reverse Bucket List – And You Can, Too
You've heard of a Bucket List before, you know all about it. But what's a Reverse Bucket List? Basically, it's taking the idea of the Bucket List and instead of making it about things you want to accomplish, it's about things you've accomplished already and are proud of. I spent a lot of time thinking about this, and I gotta admit, it was hard. It would have been so much easier to come up with a list of things I regret doing than things I'm proud of. But, you know what, I need to look at the positives in life more often, so here goes.
1. I've become a good wife and stepmother.
2. I graduated with a degree in my field from UCM.
3. I have traveled around and out of the US (Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Phoenix, Washington DC, Chicago, Detroit, Cleveland, New York City, Memphis, England, Wales).
4. I've seen Paul McCartney, Elvis Costello, Joanna Newsom, The Avett Brothers (three times), Mumford and Sons (twice - in their heyday), and Weird Al Yankovic live in concert (not the same show, lol.. and I've seen other concerts than those, but those are the big ones in my book).
5. I've been published in an academic film journal in Brazil.
6. This might sound silly, but I have been personally Tweeted by Josh Mankiewicz (the guy from Dateline). Since I'm obsessed with crime shows, that was a little fun for me. And I know it's not a HUGE deal, but Frank Conniff, Yoko Ono and Tom Shillue follow me on Twitter.
7. I've successfully managed Multiple Sclerosis for over ten years.
8. I lost everything I ever owned and managed to get back on my feet (with help).
9. I've met Dave Attell, David Wain, Michael Showalter, Lewis Black, Eugene Mirman, Mumford and Sons (well, three of them), Joan Jett, Rodney Justo, Lee Brice, Jake Owen, Little Big Town, Tom Arnold, and... Andy Samberg waved to me once.
10. I've made friends with people in New Zealand, Australia, England, Germany, Spain, France, Canada, and China.
I don't know what else to put on there, there's probably something I'm missing. I'm sure there is. But it was kinda nice to think of positive things for a change.
What would you put on your reverse bucket list? Let me know in the comments!