The Ten Most Absurd Fried Foods Served at Our Country’s State Fairs
The Missouri State Fair is here! We love the music, the agriculture, the rides, the people watching,…. but let’s get real. We love that crazy fair food.Sure, you can get some decent food that’s not on a stick at the fair, but COME ON. You know you gotta have Something deep fried and on a stick at some point in the next ten days. It’s tradition! It’s almost a requirement. It’s the American Way. America’s strongest innovation isn’t in technology, biochemistry, or pharmaceuticals. It’s in DEEP FRYING. This country is the world leader in creative deep frying.
Here are ten of the most ABSURD fried foods being served this summer at state fairs around the country.
1. Fried scorpion. In Arizona, naturally.
2. A fried stick of butter. It’s at the Iowa State Fair.
3. Fried beer. This item of genius is in Texas. It’s basically a ravioli with beer inside. And you have to be over 21 to buy it.
4. Fried Kool Aid. This one is in California. The Kool Aid is rolled with dough and deep fried.
5. Fried Ice Cream Cheeseburger. You get a cheeseburger with a bun, bacon, cheese, lettuce, and tomato . . . then a deep fried scoop of vanilla ice cream on top. It’s at the Florida State Fair.
6. Fried sugar cubes. This is in Texas. Do they give them to the horses?
7. A fried ‘Fat Elvis on a Stick.’ Surprisingly enough this is in Wisconsin. I would have thought Tennessee. It’s peanut butter, chocolate, and bacon rolled in banana batter and deep fried.
8. Fried White Castle burgers. This is in California.
9. Deep Fried Cereal. California, yet again with the innovation. They offer Trix and Cinnamon Toast Crunch. It’s pretty simple actually . . . he mixes the cereal into a batter and deep fries it into a ball. Then it’s covered with sugar and a few un-fried pieces of the cereal.
10. Deep Fried Twinkie covered in Caviar. It’ll be at a food stand at the Orange County Fair in southern California this year, and it’ll cost you $125.
Do you think the Missouri State Fair vendors should bring us a few of these? What’s your favorite Fair Food?
Deep Friedly Yours,