Five Ways to Make Sure You Take a Lunch Break
I don't know about you guys, but sometimes I find myself either working through my lunch break or just using it to run errands.
A lot of you eat lunch at your desk or just work through your break. But studies show that people are LESS productive when they don't take their lunch hour. Here are five tips to help you make the most of your break:
1. Get away from your computer. If you try to do NON-work stuff at your desk, you'll just get sucked back in. So get away from your desk, or get out of the office.
2. Take a walk. If you can't clear your mind while you're sitting still, get some fresh air. Any exercise will help you re-set and get energized for the rest of the day.
3. Ditch your to-do list. You might find it hard to stop, but try to take a breather and clear your mind. Take some deep breaths and try to relax. Even better? Leave your PHONE at your desk.
4. Start a ritual that you commit to. You want to make taking a break a habit. So start doing something you enjoy like sitting in a park, or just having a cup of coffee somewhere that's NOT work.
5. Set up boundaries. You may need to train your co-workers to respect your new habits. Let your boss know when you'll be unavailable. Mark the time off on your day planner, and put up a note if you need to.
Here's hoping the workaholics of Sedalia can get a little relief and be more productive in the process!